Many Steam users have reached us with questions after being unable to hide their Steam activity from their friends. There are times where you can not want to see your purchase appearing on everyone’s News Feed. Else you might not want everyone to see which game you’re currently playing.
Here, we have put together a list of methods, which may allow you to how to hide Steam activity and continue playing without being pushed at or questioned by your friends/followers.
How to hide Game Activity on Steam?
We control to find three different methods that will allow you to accomplish virtually the same thing. Feel free to follow whichever way is more convenient to the situation that you’re finding yourself in it. Here, the following three methods are confirmed to work by at least one user, which seeks to manage the same thing.
Method 1: Hide your Steam activity from Privacy settings
Here, Steam updated, which makes it easier to hide your game activity from other players. It is the most efficient way of hides your Steam activity from friends and followers and is adapted to work by the vast majority of users.
Thus, this approach will forever hide the game activity instead of the other two fixes featured below. It will not affect any other Steam elements present on your account profile.
Here’s what you have to do with your Steam Activity from your Privacy settings:
- Here, open Steam and go to the ribbon bar at the top. Now, click on your name and then click on Profile from the newly appeared context menu.
- Then, turn your attention towards the right section of the screen and click on the Edit profile (under your current level) on the next screen.
- Click on My Privacy Settings of the screen inside the Profile Editing options.
- Hence, the Privacy Settings come up, scroll to the My Profile entry and click the Public menu associated with Game Details. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Private.
- You may test if the procedure was successful by right-clicking on a space in Steam and selecting Copy Page URL. Now, paste the copied URL into the browser and see if your game activity is hidden.
Method 2: Using free watchable episodes:
Many users have discovered that you can hide your Steam game activity by using a set of free watchable episodes to remove the entire game activity. It might seem like a weird fix, but many users have managed to hide their recent Steam activity by the below following.
Here, Steam cannot recognize the video play until it fully loads up and starts playing on your screen. Steam may pick up a new option by clicking the Watch button (as you’ll see below). Still, if you manage to close it down before it may load up, what ends up happening is Steam can wipe out the previous Recent Activity versions.
- Now, open Steam and click on Store from the ribbon bar at the top.
- On your Store page of Steam, use the search function in the top-right corner of the screen to search for “Making of Fury.”
- Hence, you see the Making of Furi listing, click on it.
- Now, click the Watch button associated with Episode 1 from the ‘Making of Fury’ listing.
- Then, you click to open up a small window. Now, what you want to do next is shut it down as quickly as possible.
- Repeat step 4 and with the next two episodes.
- Return to your Profile, and you can see your Recent Activity wholly remove.
If this method doesn’t apply to your current scenario, move down to the following process below.
Method 3: Setting your Profile to Private:
Several drastic approaches to resolve this issue are to set your Profile as Private. Still, keep in mind that going this route essentially means that you’ll be completely isolated from your friends and other gamers you encounter while you play. Game details, Friend List, Inventory, and even post comments can be strictly limited while Private mode is enabled.
Here’s a guide on setting your Profile to Private if you want to go through with this:
- Now, click on your name from the list of the primary tab and Open Steam. In the newly appeared drop-down menu, click on Profile.
- Click on Edit Profile
- from the profile screen.
- Now, click on My Privacy Settings from the right-hand side menu.
- Then, from the Privacy Settings menu, click on the hyperlink associated with My Profile and change the status to Private. Here, you do this, and the settings will adjust automatically.
View your Profile and see how your Game activity has been hiding.