The childcare industry is one of the most growing industries in Australia, where there is an increasingly high demand for childcare workers. Recent research shows that in the next 5 years, there will be around two hundred thousand job openings in the childcare industry. This is a fast-moving world, where every sector demands output at every second. The population is growing, and even new parents have to return to work right after the parental leaves end. Due to this reason, the demand for childcare workers is high. Certificate 3 In Childcare Adelaide can be an effective course for anyone interested in working as a childcare worker. This qualification does hold great importance in the sector.
What Does The Certificate 3 In Childcare Adelaide Cover?
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is an introductory course known by its code name CHC30113. The course serves as an entry-level qualification if your ambition is to build a successful childcare career. This course covers various subjects that include effective interaction with children, providing care for children and babies, ensuring health and safety for children, their activities, teamwork strategies, and legal obligations.
Qualified professionals utilize necessary organizational policies, procedures, and children’s profiles to design activity planning and provide the children utmost care. They try to facilitate the leisure period and play with the children to develop from themselves. This qualification paves the way to further higher level qualifications like Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care and then Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
The entire course consists of 18 units, where the number of core units is 15, and the rest 3 are elective units. Among the core units, ‘Provide care for babies and toddlers, ‘Ensure the health and safety for children, ‘Develop cultural competence’ etc., are taught by highly skilled and experienced industry professionals.
What Is The Entry Requirements?
Certificate 3 in childcare Adelaide requires the following eligibility criteria that you have to meet at the time of your enrolment.
- Education: One of the greatest benefits of this course is that it does not require any mandatory formal entry. They will assess all kinds of skills and capabilities the students generally have for this specific training during the application process.
- Age: Your age has to be 18 years or more at the time of application. You need to provide a signed consent of your guardian or parent to be eligible for this certificate 3 in childcare Adelaide.
- Residency status: You have to be a permanent citizen of Australia at the time of application. However, international students can also apply, and eligibility criteria differ in each case. If you are a non-Australian, then you must look at their website for correct information.
- Placement requirements: During the commencement, you have to apply for the ‘Working with Children’ check. Students have to go through a mandatory job placement of 120 hours. For that placement, they must have access to an educational environment and also have a qualified teacher’s assistance who is already working in the school.
How Can You Take The Course?
There are two options available to take Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care Adelaide. You can either go for on-campus classes or e-learning.
- In-class study: Students can attend classes in a specific location in Adelaide. You have to check that on the official website of that particular institute. Classes are generally held on 4 consecutive days a week, from Monday to Thursday, beginning at 9:30 am and subsequently end at 3:00 pm, with a lunch break of half an hour. The expected duration of the course in the case of in-class study is 7 months. The classes can be held on school holidays, but not on any public holiday.
- E-learning: You can choose to study online according to your choice. Generally, the course lasts for a maximum period of 18 months. How early you can end will exclusively depend on your pace and potential. You can interact with the trainer either face-to-face or through phone, fax, correspondence or e-mails. You should attend practical training and also maintain monthly contact with trainers.
What Are The Benefits Of This Course?
Here are some benefits of the Certificate 3 In Childcare Adelaide course
- Any successful career stands on a solid foundation of knowledge and skills. This course will offer you that basic knowledge and techniques, standing on which you can go for various job opportunities from nanny to day-care worker or an early childhood educator.
- Apart from theoretical knowledge, you will experience practical hands-on learning. You can also adjust your time of study according to your own choices and preferences, as this course offers immense flexibility. Also, you can study at a rapid pace or take an extended period at your convenience.
- You can complete the course within one year or one and a half years. And what’s after? You will get numerous job opportunities. To be precise, you can get these opportunities after just studying for less than two years.
- As mentioned earlier, you have to take a 120 hour-vocational placement training at any registered child care centre in Australia. Devoting such a long period to practical training will give you added advantage in your professional life.
- Academic qualification for this course is not also very demanding. You can quickly get enrolled in a certificate 3 course after passing out of the high school examination.
- If you want to pursue a Diploma course in childcare to develop your academic knowledge, the study of this course will be pretty beneficial there too. A diploma course teaches some advanced skills, and so if you have already held a certificate 3, that will enhance your chance of understanding better.
Finally, the job you will get after completing the course will be satisfying and rewarding. You will teach young and fresh minds where you can make a significant impact.
The Child Care Course Adelaide is a great entry point to a rewarding career. There are plenty of colleges that offer this course. For specific requirements, you must take a look at the websites before your application.